TV Installation: Wall Mounts
Whether you already have a flat panel TV or are planning on getting one; wall mounting is definitely something you should consider. It’s also something to consider doing if you’re already planning on repairing TVs.
Why a wall mount?
Wall mounts are more affordable now then they have ever been and are beneficial in multiple ways, including:
- Picture Quality – With flat panels; the best viewing angle is straight on (no angle at all). In most cases, not every seat in the room will be at the optimal viewing angle; leaving some viewers with a lower quality picture. Certain types of mounts (types explained later) will allow the TV to be tilted and angled in whatever way needed in order to obtain the best picture quality possible.
- Saftey – A TV that is mounted is a TV that is safe. When your TV is secured to the wall, the unfortunate event of it getting smudged, bumped, or tipped is prevented. Not only will you be protecting your investment, you will be protecting those sitting near the TV, such as young children.
- Space & Style – TV’s are getting larger and larger, and finding the room for an even larger stand is often an impossible task. When a TV is mounted on the wall; there is more room space for your family and friends to enjoy. Also, a flat panel TV that is mounted on the wall turns a dull room into a elegant living space. It becomes not just a TV, but a center piece and focal point of the room.
Three Types of Mounts:
Depending on how you plan to display your TV; below are three mount types to choose from. Once you have an idea of each type; find the right mount for your specific TV. The tools that the previous link offers will help you not only find the mount that will fit your TV, but will also help you determine the ideal mounting height (even where to drill the holes).
- Full Motion – Allow the user to pull the TV out from the wall and angle it for the optimal picture. Some mounts can extend up to 20″ from the wall if desired!
- Tilt – Allow the user to tilt the screen up or down to reduce glare. Also, viewers who choose to sit on the floor in front of the TV (such as young children) can benefit by tilting the TV down to face them.
- Low Profile – These mounts complement the slim nature of flat panel TV’s by having the TV hang very close to the wall to provide a flush appearance. These mounts don’t allow for any tilting or angling and are more for aesthetics’s.
Rest assured that the mount you choose will include all of the necessary hardware; but you will still need to provide your own tools (stud finder, level, drill, etc.
Keep in Mind!
- Although your TV will be up on the wall; you will still need a place for all of your components (DVD player, cable box, etc). A popular solution to this is to keep your components on a shelf under the TV; allowing all of your TV related hardware to be up off of the floor.
- Regardless of where you choose to store your components; you will need to make sure that all of your cables are long enough (or short enough) to reach your TV. One suggestion is to get flat cables which are ideal for hiding under carpet or along base boards. Another option is to use cable covers to not only hide them, but also to keep them organized.
- In many states, it is a violation of fire code to run a TV power cord through the wall. One solution is to use a cable cover as mentioned above, and another is to have an electrician install an outlet up on the wall behind your TV.
ServiceLive can help you with wall mounting your TV and with TV repairs even in Hawaii!
Just bought and mounted a 40 inch tv to the wall in our basement family room. We went with the full motion mount and could not be happier. It was easy to install, but requires care to accurately identify the location of the studs.
I have mine mounted and I love it. It looks so much better on the wall than on a tv stand in my opinion that is. The expert installers on ServiceLive can conceal wires as part of the installation that makes it look so awesome. If you have your TV mounted you defintley also want to ge a good Home Theater system to go with it 🙂
Wall mounted tv is more beneficial becuase it’s picture quality is good as well as it’s safe becuase it’s protecting those sitting near the tv.
Wall mounting tv not only provides an extra space in room but also make it adorable.Instead of using tv stand I have been using it mounted on wall.its really a whole different experience for me as tilting,its angle ,picture quality everything just depends on my desire.Its pretty cool.
I already have 32inch LED mounted already. It saves a lot of space this is a great advantage over the old Television set. But I didn’t consider the benefits mentioned when we mounted The LED.
how to mount TV on wall using tv wall mount? Should i use laser level for leveling or call professional? And which is best articulating tv wall mount?
The best mounting screw if you’re not hitting the stud will be stud toggle bolts.
Well before reading this post I have no idea regarding the information of the hd tvi and ip camera so thank you for providing information through this post.
thanks for a marvelous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the superb work.