Smart Home for the Holidays
The holidays are the perfect time to enjoy all of your smart home devices. The most wonderful time of the year is the ideal opportunity to utilize all those amazing functions that make up the whole reason you outfitted your house with technology in the first place.
Here are some ways you can get the most out of living in this wonderful age of technology during the holiday season:
- Make meals easy: By using a slow cooker plugged into a smart plug like the Samsung SmartThings Plug, you can easily start and stop the slow cooker, making meals during this busy shopping season a breeze. Check out Crock-Pot’s Slow Cooker with WeMo, which allows you to monitor cooking time, change temperature settings, and more, all from a free app on your smartphone.
- Create ambiance with colored LED light bulbs like Philips Hue. You can change from merry red to festive green right from your mobile device.
- Have curious kids who can’t seem to stay out of the hidden stash until the big day? Put some SmartSense Multi Sensors inside those big ticket gifts. You’ll get an alert notifying you if the packages are jostled, shaken, or stirred so that you can put the kibosh on any unauthorized peeking activity.
- Take advantage of video security surveillance: The holidays are, sadly, one of the most active times of the year for criminals. More homes get broken into during November and December than any other time of the year. With smart security systems like the Arlo Smart Home Security Camera System, you can live stream video of home sweet home, even if you’re not there.
- Lighting is one of the best money-saving smart home components you can invest in – and during the holidays the benefits are multiplied as you can add your indoor and outdoor holiday light collection to the program, easily turning them on and off remotely, depending if you’re home or not. No one wants to be Clark Griswold, and thankfully, with today’s technology, there’s no reason to be.
- Get playful: Use motion sensors and your Nest Cam to trigger photos to be taken as family and friends enter your home for the holiday festivities. The shots will be candid and full of joy as everyone is reunited, capturing authentic smiles and good holiday cheer without having to get up in everyone’s face with a Polaroid.
If you’re missing some of the essential components of a smart home for the holidays, no need to worry – there’s plenty of time left to get hooked up with the latest gadgets that will make the hustle and bustle of the season feel like a cakewalk.
Smart Home Installation
Don’t take chances on trying to find a local contractor that you hope you can trust. Have your smart home devices installed by one of ServiceLive’s qualified independent service providers. We connect you with experienced professionals who know exactly how to install and connect all of your smart home needs. We screen all of our contractors through the use of background, criminal, and sex offender checks, and require them to maintain all of the necessary licensing and insurance to do business in their state. We also make sure they maintain a high level of customer satisfaction so that you can be assured of reliable service every time.
ServiceLive is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings and is proud to offer a nationwide network of thousands of expert service providers to get your equipment up and running. Purchase your own smart products from a variety of retailers, or choose from our selection of quality technology in the Sears Connected Solutions Store.