Shark Week, Discovery Channel’s staple television series since 1987 kicked off on Sunday. If you have never watched this series, I highly recommend it unless you plan on going swimming at the beach anytime soon.
We are mid-way through the summer of 2013 and it’s time to finish up some exterior home repairs and or improvements. Here’s a list of things that you should consider inspecting to see if the opportunity for repairs and or improvements are warranted.
- Gutters and Downspouts: Have you checked for leaks or downspouts not moving water away from your home effectively?
- Roof: Check for missing or cracked shingles and get your roof repaired by an expert roofing contractor.
- Driveway: Check for cracks which can lead to bigger issues and get your driveway sealed correctly by a paving contractor.
- Dryer Vent: Check for blockage and any other debris. Also make sure the dryer vent cover is in place and secure to prevent animals from setting up shop.
- Foundations: Check for cracks and water build up around your foundation.
- Trees: Check for branches that are close or leaning against wires and your home. Hire a professional tree trimming contractor.
- Outside Faucets: Check for leaks which could lead to structural issues and costly repairs.
- Chimney: Make sure chimney has a screen at the top to prevent birds and other animals from nesting inside your chimney.
- Sprinkler Heads: Check for broken, stuck or missing sprinkler heads.
Do you have a tip you would like to share with other homeowners? Please leave us a comment.
Have fun and enjoy the rest of the summer!