Avoiding Appliance Repair: Refrigerators

9 Responses

1. Shahroz Olfat says:

Most Refrigrators also have settings for freezer and refrigrator part. I would set those settings to norm or average to get the most energy savings unless you have some really rare food that requires artic temperatures to keep your food fresh πŸ™‚

2. Adi says:

Thanks for this post!
    This will save me a lot of money πŸ™‚

3. Chet says:

Uh oh I’ve never emptied my drip pan in ~3 yrs, not even sure if my fridge has one!? I’ll have to look into this… ty!

4. Barry Crouch says:

It is important to perform routine maintenance on your refrigerator and other appliances. Simple maintenance can increase the lifespan of your appliances and save you money. Making sure that your coils are free from dust will help the refrigerator function properly.

5. Chet says:

I checked & it wasn’t full (phew), in fact there was only a bit of water in there, not worth emptying.

@barry there was a TON of dust under there though!! I vacuumed it so thanks for the tip

6. Stan says:

I agree. One of the most important things you can do is make sure you perform routing maintenance like cleaning your refrigerator coils at least once a year.

7. Mike Brassil says:

if you find a repair service you like or not, if you can save a little money here and there it’s totally worth the extra effort. Did you know that there are some activities on maintenance that can be done in order to prevent the need for repairs.

8. Appliance Parts Alabama says:

Refrigerators, free-standing icemakers, even televisions need to breathe.

These appliances make a lot of heat, and are designed to dissipate that heat, but that’s not possible without airflow.

9. Couldn’t agree more! When I go out to a repair a refrigerator, ice maker or TV more often then not its built into the wall. Yes, its certainly aesthetically pleasing, but you’re just asking for a repair bill. Just a few inches out, and we’d be out of business!!