Spring is in full swing and summer is just around the corner and it’s time to inspect you’re air conditioner system to ensure it’s working properly. As we approach the warmer months we put our A/C systems to work to maintain a comfortable temperature in our homes. There’s nothing worse than on a hot summer evening your air conditioner goes out. There’s no stores open and all the service companies are closed for the day. You can only grin and bear to get through a hot summer night.
In order to ensure you have a good working A/C system there’s several tips you should do annually before summer time. Here’s a list of things to follow;
How to maintain your A/C system;
- The most important maintenance task that will ensure the efficiency of your air conditioner is to routinely replace or clean its filters.
- Make sure you change your filters inside your home before winter and again before summer. This will help keep good air quality levels in your home.
- Every summer inspect the unit’s drain channels. Clogged drain channels prevent a unit from reducing humidity, and the resulting excess moisture may discolor walls or carpet.
- Inspect your A/C unit outside for any dirt or dust on the surface of the coil. If it is dirty, clean it off. This will help the unit to run more efficient.
- Have your A/C system maintained by a certified technician. A professional can find issues before they lead to costly repairs.
- Make sure windows and doors are closed while the A/C is running. Check for leaks around doors and windows and seal them or have a professional come out and make necessary repairs.
Check on more tips at http://www.energy.gov/energysaver/articles/maintaining-your-air-conditioner
Stay cool my friends J