Air Conditioner Season Approaching
Spring is in full swing and summer is just around the corner and it’s time to inspect you’re air conditioner system to ensure it’s working properly. As we approach the warmer months we put our A/C systems to work to maintain a comfortable temperature in our homes. There’s nothing worse than on a hot summer evening your air conditioner goes out. There’s no stores open and all the service companies are closed for the day. You can only grin and bear to get through a hot summer night.
In order to ensure you have a good working A/C system there’s several tips you should do annually before summer time. Here’s a list of things to follow;
How to maintain your A/C system;
- The most important maintenance task that will ensure the efficiency of your air conditioner is to routinely replace or clean its filters.
- Make sure you change your filters inside your home before winter and again before summer. This will help keep good air quality levels in your home.
- Every summer inspect the unit’s drain channels. Clogged drain channels prevent a unit from reducing humidity, and the resulting excess moisture may discolor walls or carpet.
- Inspect your A/C unit outside for any dirt or dust on the surface of the coil. If it is dirty, clean it off. This will help the unit to run more efficient.
- Have your A/C system maintained by a certified technician. A professional can find issues before they lead to costly repairs.
- Make sure windows and doors are closed while the A/C is running. Check for leaks around doors and windows and seal them or have a professional come out and make necessary repairs.
Check on more tips at http://www.energy.gov/energysaver/articles/maintaining-your-air-conditioner
Stay cool my friends J
“Make sure windows and doors are closed while the A/C is running” … I amazed how many times I see windows and doors open with both ac and the heaters running. A waste when they do.
The basic things we all can do is, avoid direct sunlight from entering into your house with the help of curtains or shades of trees and another thing, you should replace your air filters within 4 to 6 weeks that will do much to keep your equipment working.
These are really Great ideas to save money and improve the performance of your HVAC system. Following the recommendation in the article will actual increase the life expectancy of your unit. Failure to perform the maintenance recommended here will cause your HVAC to work hard to overcome the blocked flow through the system and wear things out faster
Thanks a lot for these excellent tips. I completely agree with your points. It is important to get the air conditioner inspected periodically by a certified HVAC technician. I will try implementing these tips.
Homeowners Should Replace Air Filters / Or Clean Permanent Filters About Every 6 weeks
To Receive Better Efficiency From Your Forced Air Heating Equipment, Also If Health Problems
Exist Your Breathing Is Much Healthier, Your Energy Bills Could Be Lower too, Save Money,
Have Your System Checked Annualy/ Or Semi Annualy, / Less Chance Of A Failure,
Thank you Bob for the comment!
I would never have thought to clean the outside unit, so very grateful for that advice. I’m sure to take your guidance on maintaining the efficiency of my air conditioner. Thank you!